I can’t believe I’m doing this! A few months ago my sister-in-law (who happens to be the fabulouso blogger from Beginner Beans
) found out about the Influence Conference and asked me if I’d like to go too. It sounded like a lot of fun at the time, but October seemed so far off that I told her yes, and then didn’t think much about it for a while. Now here I am in September and I’ve bought my ticket to attend this amazing sounding conference with amazing sounding speakers in an amazing sounding place…and I’m a little nervous (and a little amazed…apparently).
The Influence Conference is set up to be a conference for bloggers and people in general who want to find out how to influence this world for Christ in a big way and in a way that utilizes all of the wonderful technological advances that we have in this day and age. We also get to meet hundreds of other women who are striving for the same thing. WOW!
So today, I’m linking up with the Influence Conference Blog in a little Pre-Conference “Meet & Greet”. Even if you aren’t attending the conference you may just learn a little something about me that you didn’t know before.
So here goes:
3 Get-to know-me things
1. I love people! That being said, I’m feeling a little shy about meeting everyone at this conference. I used to pride myself in being outgoing, but I’m beginning to wonder if I’m becoming more introverted with age! Hopefully this conference will help me step out of my comfort zone and meet a whole bunch of new friends.
2. I’ve taught 1st and 2nd grades for almost a decade, and am taking this school year off to stay home with my 17 m/o daughter. This is a huge leap of faith for me and has definitely had it’s ups and downs already in just getting into the schedule of being a Stay-At-Home Mom. I’m hoping to really settle in and find ministry opportunities while being home.
3. My family and I are moving into an Airstream trailer this next year!
My husband runs an online meal planning service (Veggie Meal-Maker.com
) so the location in which he does his job is extremely flexible. We’re both interested in living a more minimalist lifestyle and to concentrate our time, money, and talents on things for God. I know we’re in for an adventure! You can follow along on our family blog Livin’ Lightly
. So I will be downsizing my wardrobe, household items, SHOES!!! and much more these next couple of weeks. Yikes!
I also LOVE music, playing guitar and being part of a Praise Team at our church. (oops… I guess that’s 4!)
2 Things I’m looking forward to about the Conference
1. I’m really looking forward to all of the people that I’ll have the opportunity to connect with and brainstorm ideas with.
2. I can’t wait to listen to all of the presenters. The list of speakers and break-outs looks just amazing (I know I’m going to have a hard time choosing what break-outs to go to!).
1 Thing I can’t leave home without
I really can’t leave home without my Burt’s Bees Chapstick! Even if I’m just heading out on a run I have to have it! I’m also connected at the hip with my water bottle (but there I go again, adding more to the list).
I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone and gaining more insight/focus into what direction this blog and other areas of my life are to go.
-Michaela Peterson 🙂